Amazing Power of Sprouts
- Broccoli Sprouts are high in sulforaphane, a powerful cancer fighting compound. According to Johns Hopkins University, after three days of germination broccoli sprouts contain as much as 50 times the amount of some of the health-boosting phytonutrients of the mature broccoli head.
- Jonathan’s Sprouts - A first to market move, bringing the nutritional value of produce across the aisle to skin care. Our 41 year history and expertise in nutrient dense sprouts, now available in skincare.
- So, what’s great about sprouts?
- Sprouts are a “living food.” Unlike other fruit and vegetables, which lose a significant amount of vitamins by the time they reach your table, sprouts continue to produce nutrients after being harvested
- Sprouts Have a Higher Nutritional Content Than Any Other Food. A sprouted seed, bean or nut has many times the nutritional value than the non-sprouted version. The entire DNA of the plant is contained within the seed. Replacing the lettuce in your salad with sprouts provides 5 times the protein, 6 times the Vitamin C and 7 times the B Complex Vitamins.
- The Most Enzyme-Rich Food You Can Find. Enzymes act as a catalyst for the chemical reactions in our bodies while helping us digest essential nutrients in our food. A sprouted seed, nut or bean has a whopping 43 times the enzyme power when compared to the non-sprouted variety
- Sprouts Are High in Antioxidants. Antioxidants protect our DNA from oxidative damage and help slow down the effects of aging.
- Sprouts Are Rich in Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll cleanses our blood and detoxifies our system. It has the ability to regenerate our bodies on a cellular and molecular level.